With newer generations and models, Apple TV has started offering an App Store with the help of which users can easily access various apps.
However, there are a lot of people who want to delete apps from Apple TV. can I delete apps on Apple TV of any Generation?
Easy how to delete apps on Apple TV 2
You can remove apps from Apple TV in two ways: remove them from the Home Screen and delete them using TV Settings. We will explain both methods one by one.
Removing Apps from Home Screen
- Step 1 – First of all, get your remote and select the app you want to remove. To select an app, swipe down or right according to the app's location and stop swiping remotely when you find an app.
- Step 2 – After selecting, you need to hold down the remote touchpad until you see that the selected app starts vibrating.
Step 3 – While vibrating, you will get a command to press the Play/Pause button to delete the app. do the same and confirm the deletion by clicking on the 'Delete' option.
Step 4 – Finally, click on the 'Delete' button and your app will be removed from the Apple TV. Now, follow the same steps if you want to uninstall multiple apps.
How to delete apps on Apple TV without Remote
Removing Apps from Settings
- Step 1 – by opening the 'Settings' app on your TV.
- Step 2 – Now, go to the “General” option.
- Step 3 – Next, select the 'Manage Storage' option which can be found under the 'Usage' option.
Step 4 – You will now see a trash can icon or trash can next to the app. Start clicking this icon next to which app you want to remove.
Clear app settings
Step 5 – In the end, click on 'Delete' button to confirm deletion
Hiding Apps from previous generations of Apple TV
After learning how to remove apps from the new generation Apple TV, let's now understand how you can hide apps from previous TV models.
The steps are almost similar to the removal from the Home Screen wizard.
- Step 1 – On the Home Screen, simply select or highlight the app you want to hide.
- Step 2 – Press the touch sensitive surface on the remote and wait for the app to wiggle.
Step 3 – You will be prompted again to press the Play/Pause button. Press the hide button and select 'Delete or S'. If you want to get the app back, you can do so with the help of 'Settings' from the main menu.
If you can't delete apps on your Apple TV, or Apps crash or crash on your TV, try Tenorshare ReiBoot, an easy TVos repair tool to help you fix system issues on your Apple TV without losing any data.