To get a sizable Instagram following, you need to create engaging content that your followers really need.
Then… how do we know when is the right time to post content on Instagram?
We recommend testing your own post times to see which post times generate the most comments and likes from viewers.
But if you don't have time to do the test yourself, Sprout Social, a social media management platform with more than 24,000 subscribers, has done some research on the subject.
Last year, they analyzed their customer data to see what times and days their social media posts generated the most engagement.
They also group data by social network and industry.
We'll take a look at their customer data research results for Instagram, you can see that the following days and times are ideal for generating the most engagement on social media:
Related - Best time to post on instagram by day
Best Time to Post on Instagram Every Week
- Sunday: 10:00 – 14:00
- Monday: 11am – 5pm
- Wednesday: 5am, 11am, *3pm
- Thursday: *5am, *11am, *3-4pm
- Friday: * 5am, 9am – 4pm
- Saturday: 11:00
- * = very high engagement rate
- Posting at 5:00 a.m. from Tuesday to Friday generates the highest engagement – people typically check their phones right as they wake up.
- Posting from 11:00 to 15:00 during the weekdays also generates a lot of interaction – people usually check their phones during lunch or when they are tired/stressed/bored towards the end of the work day.
- If you want to post on weekends, post on Saturdays around 11:00 this is free time when people relax, hang out with their friends.
- So, while you're having fun on Instagram, don't post outside of this time limit. Consider the day of the week and the type of business you run.
- Want to get the exact time you want? Post to Instagram between 9:00 and 18:00. from Tuesday to Friday.
You can use the data above to grow quality Instagram followers. But if you want more detail, Sprout Social also conducts research for areas like technology, B2C, education, healthcare, and the nonprofit industry.
Post on Instagram for Tech Companies (best time)
- Best Time: Wednesday at 10:00am
- Most Consistent Engagement: Wednesday to Friday from 10:00 to 17:00
- Best Day: Sunday
- Best Time: Saturday 11:00 & 13:00
- Most Consistent Engagement: Every day from 10:00 to 15:00
- Best Day: Wednesday
The audience for each brand is of course different. To build a sizable and actively engaged Instagram audience, you need to know who your followers are.
And one of the best ways to get to know your audience and grab their attention is to know exactly when they like browsing their Instagram app.